About Me

A 30 something lesbian coffee drinker from London attempting to record and share our ttc journey. Hobbies and activities - dining out with The Wife, increasing our carbon footprint, napping, over sharing on Facebook, hunting for decent second hand book shops, pretending to knit.

Monday 18 June 2012

Signed off!

Just had confirmation from our clinic this morning that our consultant has signed off all the necessary bits and bobs.... so we are now 100% official!

Consequently Operation-Get-NFC-BabyReady has begun in earnest. Well. The Wife has been shovelling folio acid down my throat for the past week so that's a start yes? I've also *gulp* picked a start date to go cold turkey with the wine and caffeine. DREADING the caffeine withdrawal - anticipating horrendous headaches. I mentioned all of this to my Mother yesterday and she merely raised her eyebrow. See, my Mother is from a generation of times gone by. " I smoked all the way through carrying you" she said, somewhat smugly. Hmmm I thought to myself: that's why I was a 6lb baby, have very small hands and feet and am now only 5'2. *indignant sniff* Apparently in 'the good old days' all pregnant mothers had the odd glass of wine. Reallllllly. Not that I'm judging (ok maybe a little) but for ME it doesn't make sense to go through all of this and not give it your best shot. SO! July 1st is the day. And I believe I will be starting down regging around July 13th. Which reminds me, I need to post a little explanation as to what all the acronyms are! A friend recently contacted me after reading some updates and pointedly informed me that non ttc'ing people will need a little assistance. So I will get around to that very soon. Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment