About Me

A 30 something lesbian coffee drinker from London attempting to record and share our ttc journey. Hobbies and activities - dining out with The Wife, increasing our carbon footprint, napping, over sharing on Facebook, hunting for decent second hand book shops, pretending to knit.

Sunday 26 October 2014

I didn't.

There is a lot of that to report.

In 6 more sleeps, Lochlan will be one year old. There is so much I didn’t do but rather than obsess about what I *didn’t* do..…I am happy to report he is alive and kicking, and well - I kept a baby alive for 9 months and on top of that - another 12 - go me!!!

Motherhood has been interesting. Yeah, it changes you. For the better? Fer sureeee. I have learnt tolerance and patience on a level I didn’t even know existed (in regards to him) Everyone else? Not so much. Nothing really matters now. Of course I care about the bigger picture: family, friends, relationships, the threat of Ebola….the list goes on. But mostly.…I don’t sweat the small stuff. I still care what people think (it would be a lie to say otherwise) but it certainly isn’t on the same level as before. My circle is safe and small and I am happy with that.

What didn’t I do? I didn’t have any professional photos taken. I didn’t continue with this blog, documenting every little detail. I didn’t join every baby group going. I didn’t lose the baby weight. I didn’t send out thank you cards and I didn’t start a memory box. I just raised a baby. I stumbled along, getting through each and every single day. I bought a book on baby led weaning, my sister in law sent me a book on sleep training - both are untouched. I didn’t anticipate being so un-orderly. I was the archetypal fmt whilst pregnant. I googled, I researched, I had SPREADSHEETS. 

THEY WERE POINTLESS.

I woke up the Wife in the middle if the night during the third trimester fretting we didn’t own enough hats, vests, cardigans, frozen meals…..

I do realise it’s a rite of passage, as a ftm, to go through all of this…I look back at my pregnant self and have a little snigger. It is NOT as scary as people make out. You will cope with the sleepless nights. You will forgive yourself for not breastfeeding past a certain point. And those days of instragramming your hospital bag are long gone. You are now shuffling around in the dark trying to find a crinkled dry babygro, anything, anything that resembles some kind of ensemble that will keep him dry, warm, quiet.

So: there are no professional photos, no plans to send out holiday cards with him on the front. I have no time for that, and no remorse about it either. I am a SAHM who is constantly learning, growing. I am lucky to have friends who are a few months ahead of me and their advice has been invaluable. I continue to make mistakes. Like my relationship, my journey of motherhood will continue to be a work in progress. He is happy. I am happy. Exhausted, carrying a few extra lbs but this is the best thing I have ever done. 


3 comments:

  1. Love love love love this. So perfect!! And so true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe he is turning 1!!! That is just crazy. He's gorgeous :) And it's been great to hear from you. Sounds like all is just as it should be :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are some natural remedies that can be used in the prevention and eliminate diabetes totally. However, the single most important aspect of a diabetes control plan is adopting a wholesome life style Inner Peace, Nutritious and Healthy Diet, and Regular Physical Exercise. A state of inner peace and self-contentment is essential to enjoying a good physical health and over all well-being. The inner peace and self contentment is a just a state of mind.People with diabetes diseases often use complementary and alternative medicine. I diagnosed diabetes in 2010. Was at work feeling unusually tired and sleepy. I borrowed a cyclometer from a co-worker and tested at 760. Went immediately to my doctor and he gave me prescription like: Insulin ,Sulfonamides,Thiazolidinediones but Could not get the cure rather to reduce the pain but brink back the pain again. i found a woman testimony name Comfort online how Dr Akhigbe cure her HIV  and I also contacted the doctor and after I took his medication as instructed, I am now completely free from diabetes by doctor Akhigbe herbal medicine.So diabetes patients reading this testimony to contact his email     drrealakhigbe@gmail.com   or his Number   +2348142454860   He also use his herbal herbs to diseases like:SPIDER BITE, SCHIZOPHRENIA, LUPUS,EXTERNAL INFECTION, COMMON COLD, JOINT PAIN, EPILEPSY,STROKE,TUBERCULOSIS ,STOMACH DISEASE. ECZEMA, PROGENITOR, EATING DISORDER, LOWER RESPIRATORY INFECTION,  DIABETICS,HERPES,HIV/AIDS, ;ALS,  CANCER , MENINGITIS,HEPATITIS A AND B,ASTHMA, HEART DISEASE, CHRONIC DISEASE. NAUSEA VOMITING OR DIARRHEA,KIDNEY DISEASE. HEARING  LOSSDr Akhigbe is a good man and he heal any body that come to him. here is email    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    and his Number +2349010754824

    ReplyDelete