About Me

A 30 something lesbian coffee drinker from London attempting to record and share our ttc journey. Hobbies and activities - dining out with The Wife, increasing our carbon footprint, napping, over sharing on Facebook, hunting for decent second hand book shops, pretending to knit.

Tuesday 28 May 2013

It's a BOY!

Today we are 17+1 - wow.

I am extremely grateful but still riddled with worries. I don't think the pain of a mc will ever leave me. I've spoken to a few pregnant ladies who have also experienced mc and they all feel somewhat similar - the mc has stolen a little bit of joy from this pregnancy. If we can just get to 24 weeks I'll calm down. Promise. Erm, I do believe I said that about 12 weeks.... *blink*

So: we just arrived back from a weeks vacation which was much needed and appreciated. Private villa with pool and lashings of sunshine. The only major downside to the vacation is that since my return I've done nothing but scratch - today is day 5 and I'm starting to lose patience. I can confirm, however, that sickness has well and truly left the building - hoo-RAY!

... And last week, around 16+3 my bump appeared - yippee! It's all starting to feel very real, esp since we had a gender scan last Thursday and it was very evident we are having a boy - little flasher! On top of that, in the past two days I have felt movements which surprised me - I figured it would be a few more weeks till I felt something. 

How far along? 17+1
How big is baby? An apple!
Total weight gain/loss: loss - 5lbs!
Maternity Clothes: leggings, empire line sun dresses
Have you started to show yet? YIP!
Sleep: Better but still up and down to the bathroom
Best moment this week: Joint tie between finding out we are having a son/feeling him move!
Miss Anything? Pâté!
Movement: ripples all of last week on vacation - now actual movement eeek!
Food Cravings: Pineapple, salad, sea bass
Anything make you queasy or sick? Not anymore but the smell of chicken cooking really made me feel unwell at the beginning
Gender prediction: Having a BOY!
Symptoms: Snappy (sorry Wife!)
Major purchases this week? Nothing - we haven't bought a thing!
Looking forward to: 20 week scan


2 comments:

  1. I'm 18 weeks tomorrow...we are so close! I totally relate to what you're saying. Feeling movement, seeing the tummy, finding the gender...all makes it seem so real! Congrats on finding out you're having a boy! So exciting.

    Also, you look super cute and happy in your photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Great to hear things are going so well and you have a little man on the way :). Cute bump pic!

    ReplyDelete